I always wondered what would happen if I just decided to let things go.
Tonight, dinner turned into a really great science experiment. Lucas is into anything related to weather right now. Yesterday we watched a DVD about weather and in it was a cool experiment on cloud formation. A scientist did something or another in a metal drum and added liquid Nitrogen to form an abundance of "clouds" in the room.
We discovered tonight that you don't need the nitrogen. Just an over-heated pan, a frozen shrimp stir-fry dinner, and Chris. There was a layer of clouds hovering close to the ceiling throughout the kitchen and amazing plumes of steam rising from the pan. The picture doesn't do it justice. This is after the clouds had fallen and filled the room in a fog. (You will have to really zoom in to see Chris.)
Lucas also inadvertently conducted a food experiment. So far, cheese that has been out for three days is safe to eat! Chris packed him a lunch on Wednesday that he left at school. But today, he remembered it! When I asked him what he had for lunch (Paul's mom, Ginny thought she would be feeding him at her house) he said a muffin, apple, crackers and cheese. At crackers, I realized what had happened. "It was white cheese. And even better than the kind we have at home!" He likes aged cheese like I do.
The good thing about letting go, is that you care much less about such things!

Ha! That is awesome!
ReplyDeleteHi Natali,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your scare and the bedrest, but so far, I'm thoroughly enjoying your updates! And I completely concur about the quarterly requisite bedrests. Slowing waaaay down does add a lot of perspective. And yes, God help us put it into practice...
You going through all this and sharing your thoughts is a good reminder and encouragement to me.
Praying for health for you and inside-baby,
Jenny
LOL. That is awesome. Both of your gill boys doin it up. Thank god you have a little girl coming to keep them inline when you are away.
ReplyDelete