Monday, April 6, 2009

Cars are alive and well in Prague






Lucas and I have been walking over Charles Bridge (pic above) to a playground almost every day when Chris is at work. We have pretty much ditched the stroller, although he often wants to be carried. I can walk for at least a mile with him on my hip - evidence that I'm getting stronger, but a habit I do not want to keep up. In Atlanta, Lucas could care less about swings, but here they are a welcome rest for his tired legs. He stays on them almost the entire time we are there.
At home it is the usual. Cars, trains and blocks. We also purchased a Thomas floor puzzle and a shape sorter that he is playing with. With all the excitement outdoors, he is interested in his indoor toys much more and is playing on his own much more often.
President Obama was here over the weekend. It was pretty cool knowing that even though we did not go to see him speak. Saturday, the three of us walked around the old Jewish town and caught a glimpse of the cemetary through the gate. Most sights were closed over the weekend for security reasons. I had no idea that people are buried 12 bodies deep in there! The tombstones were practically on top of one another. The plague was the reason they stopped burying people there.
Then we walked over to the other side of the river and decided to hike the hill that leads to the castle and gorgeous views of Prague in it's entirety. I couldn't believe how Lucas could walk up that slope for such a long time! Of course we took breaks for snacks, sips of water and to watch interesting things like trams down below or insects mating. We did not make it to the castle (where Obama was to speak the next day), but we made it to Letna Park. The views from there are so gorgeous it makes Prague look unreal. I had the sense that God created this city, piece by piece as he created the heavens and the Earth.
Chris is working hard during the weeks, but has had time for fun and rest on the weekends. It would be great if we could get Lucas to sleep a bit earlier so that we could unwind during the evenings, but his bedtime remains stubbornly at 11:00pm. It could be worse, considering that is 5pm Atlanta time! Usually he sleeps til 9 or so.
Have a wonderful week!
Love, Natali, Chris and Lucas








No comments:

Post a Comment