Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mama Mia!



The first picture was taken at Lucas's favorite playground. Would you ever guess from this picture alone that we are looking at the incredible view shown below it? Or that I am doing complex physics and calculus equations to make sure that at any point of the swing's arc, if Lucas slips from his seat I can catch him without breaking an arm?
.
Experiences like this are beginning to be normal for us. They are saturating our souls and beginning to come through our pores. The weather is warm with a cool breeze and most days are cloudless. A couple of days were cold and rainy and now that the weather is friendly again we appreciate it even more.
.
Today, my mom ("Mia") arrived! In the morning Lucas and I ate some eggs and began our journey to the airport around 8:30am. Despite another pesky 2-year molar cramping Lucas's style, he proved yet again that he is a born traveler. We rode for 25 minutes, body to body, in a bus - 2 sardines in a packed can. Thank goodness for the lollipop given to him by Martin, our beloved concierge. It occupied him along the way. And I think it was a magic lollipop because it did not get mangled in anyone's hair or leave a sticky glob on someone's suit.
.
This is the second lollipop that someone has given him. He has also received a pair of kid-sized goggles, a toy motorcycle, a delicious concoction of pureed banana and vegan chocolate, a candy bar and some colored pencils. People here give gifts spontaneously to children. The woman who cleans our flat, the concierge, store owners...anyone he encounters. I especially love it when he gets the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment